Jay Lloyd, MA, LPC-S
Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor
Jay Lloyd is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and ABEC Counseling Supervisor.
After earning an undergraduate degree in Psychology and a Master’s in Counseling, Jay has worked in the counseling field for more than twenty years.
His areas of interest include:
- Overcoming addiction or other self-defeating behavior
- Coping with family dynamics that involve addiction and related problems
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships
- Exploring and resolving family of origin issues
- Authentic spirituality
- Pre-marital counseling
- Development of healthy marriages
- Young adult transitional issues
- Men’s issues
- Working with healthcare professionals in recovery from addiction
In addition to his work as a therapist, Jay has worked in the mental health arena as a Clinical Manager at the UAB Center for Psychiatric Medicine, as well as an Administrator for the Impaired Pharmacist Program for the Alabama Board of Pharmacy. For more than fifteen years, he has facilitated a therapeutic monitoring group for physicians in recovery.
Jay has been happily married for over twenty years, and enjoys time with his wife and children as often as possible.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Jay, or if you have any questions, please call 205 879-7500. If you would like to email Jay, please click here to go to our Contact Us page. Please note that we are able to schedule appointments only by phone.