As a part of our commitment to the wider community, many of our counselors are available for a number of educational and psychoeducational opportunities.
We are frequently invited to speak in Sunday school classes, either single classes or as a part of a series. Additionally, counselors speak to parents or children in school, community or civic group settings, and are available to lead seminars as a part of your business.
Our counselors have experience leading marriage retreats, or being a part of conferences for men, women, or families. We also regularly offer the professional community opportunities for continuing education.
Topics and areas which some of the counselors of Covenant Counseling may speak include any of the treatment areas we typically engage. Some of those areas include, but are by no means limited to:
- Meal planning and nutrition (incorporating healthy eating as a part of one’s lifestyle)
- Personality (team building and productivity)
- Addictions and their effects
- Challenges and difficulties encountered during various life transitions or circumstances (parenting teenagers, caring well for aging parents, death and dying, etc.)
- Dynamics particular to women, men or families
When we offer the professional community opportunities for continuing education, it is to be noted that Covenant Counseling and Education Center is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEPTM solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
If you are interesting in exploring the possibility of having one of our counselors address your class or group, please call 205 879-7500. You may also click here if you would like to email one of our counselors or office managers.