There are a number of reasons why an individual, couple or family might desire or need an assessment rather than therapy. For many, an assessment is the precursor to therapy, providing valuable and needed information to focus on the therapy process. For others, an assessment or evaluation may be needed for an adoption application, or for a potential employer or organization to gain information about a potential employee or volunteer. In other circumstances, an evaluation may be helpful for a physician or another medical professional.
Covenant Counseling is able to offer several different sorts of assessments, depending on a client’s need and situation. Our services include:
- ADHD evaluations for adults and children
- Vocational and career assessments
- Academic and testing assessments
- Certain assessments for disability determinations
- Learning disability evaluations
- Assessments for psychopathology
- Personality testing
- Aptitude and interest evaluations
If you would like to make an appointment with one of our counselors or have any questions, please call 205-879-7500. Click here if you would like to email one of our counselors.